There was a time (before the COVID-19 Pandemic) when automotive manufacturers rolled out cars every other quarter and people will just go out and buy them. At each celebration, a family you know would have bought a new car for the occasion.
Has it changed that much?
One thing for sure, the pandemic did not slow the manufacturers down. In fact, they have continued to churn out new models throughout. This has been met with the fact that consumers are still changing cars although they do not have much to travel to. Governments have been doing their bit to keep the industry afloat through incentives and tax exemptions. So, with 2021 already underway, what would you be expected to see from here on?
5 exciting years coming
The next 5 years will be very exciting as the world sets its sight on the post-pandemic era. What is expected to happen in the automotive industry? Let’s see the models to be excited about from now till 2025 although not all of them will be readily available in Malaysia.
- Alfa Romeo – They have reportedly going to roll out the new Giulia Quadrifoglio. This sports automobile has been a fan favorite and they are making a 2-door coupe version. And then there is the Tonale which will give you a dive into the luxury-subcompact segment. This would be the first hybrid car to come out of the Italian’s stable.
- Aston Martin – First seen at the 2019 Geneva Auto Show (when it was still a norm), expect to see some crazy horsepower with Aston Martin’s Vanquish soon. It is to designed to compete with the replacement model for Lamborghini Huracan and the Ferrari F8 Tributo.
- Audi – The e-tron crossover is expected to get its own GT version. With this, Audi wants to compete with Tesla Model S. Now that should be one exciting race to watch. Meanwhile, they are also planning a smaller and more affordable version in the Q4 e-tron.
- BMW – They have yet to give it a name but the plug-in-hybrid i8 halo car is something the fans are looking forward to. First seen in 2019 as the Vision M Next concept the M1-inspired design should get everyone talking about it.
- Ferrari – Finally! An SUV coming out of the Prancing Horse. After Porsche went this segment, observers have been waiting for Ferrari to retaliate and it seems that they now will. Still, there is no name as yet but they have called it the ‘thoroughbred’ or Purosangue. This model should give Lamborghini Urus, Bentley Bentayga and the Cullinan (Rolls-Royce) a run for their money.
- Ford – Ford is expected to roll-out their Fusion sedan very soon. Named the Ford Fusion Active, it has been seen with very practical functions and features that will surely give the SUV market a boost.